Brand Identity System
For most solo and micro business owners that have had to create a brand from scratch, the idea itself is overwhelming. Often times just selecting the perfect business cards is enough to put everything on hold because the obsession of getting it right takes over.
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself when creating your Brand Identity System:
- Am I being visually consistent? Can someone look at your website, social media or printed material and easily determine that they all belong to the same family? To check this for yourself, visit each platform, take a photo with your phone and then group them in a photo collage. Don’t cheat, take the first image from each digital platform and a snapshot of the last printed piece of material you gave away. Do they all belong together? Would a stranger to your brand be able to tell you if they belonged together?
- Is your brand character predictable? When you send an email, does the recipient have an expectation of what they are about to receive before they open it? In our microwave society, some businesses try to be daring and surprising and change things up to warrant extra attention. This is actually not always a good idea. Have you ever gone into your favorite restaurant and they changed the menu? What about when the label changes on your favorite jar of pasta sauce? How did it make you feel? People want to know that they can depend on your brand character.
- Is your brand vision crystal clear? With a few scrolls of the thumb or a couple of clicks of the mouse, will potential clients know what you do, who you do it for, how you do it and why your way is unique. Would your current client be able to easily explain to a potential client what you do? How would your current clients describe what makes you unique? Do your current clients know where you want to take your business in the next 5 years? Your brand vision should be common knowledge to your internal and external constituents.
- What is your brand value proposition? What are you selling and how will your product or service solve the clients problem or improve their situation? What are your unique benefits? What makes what you do so special? How can you share this? Who do you share this with?
- Is your mission palpable? Can others feel your brand mission? Does your brand have a mission so strong and so undeniable that when your brand is seen or heard, it inspires others. Are you creating a culture of brand lovers? Are you providing a place and a purpose for your clients within your brand?
If you are having trouble with creating any of the above mentioned, we can help.
There are three ways to start you on your journey. 1. You can follow this blog and download any of the free printable guides. 2. You can sign up for sessions. There is nothing wrong with learning what to do. 3. We can partner together and take your brand to the next best level.
For more information about creating a brand identity system for your business, you can reach us by email at SOMEDIGITALBLOOM@gmail.com or by phone at 210-201-6474
Schedule a discovery call today! Let’s get things moving along!