For so many businesses, the summer months are super slow.
Traditionally we have been trained to build our funnels based on our personal calendars. For example, everyone is pretty busy during the holidays. So as business owners we have trained our work calendars to get as much done as possible before Thanksgiving and not to expect much from anyone until after January. The problem with this concept is that it put you behind the curve and you use so much fuel getting back on track that by May you are super tired and ready for Summer. Starting the entire process all over again.
Follow these 5 steps to secure a robust business during the Summer.
- Take a Step Back. Redefine your goals to get you through the end of the year. You may have goals, but this time add your personal calendar. For example, I travel with my family for most of the month of July. So I know its not the best time to onboard a new client. I use July to have any corporate retreats and strategic planning sessions. I redefine company goals and confirm the systems I have in place are solid. This helps with smooth transitions as I accept new clients or current client projects.
- Get Trained. Sometimes the best ideas come from the opportunity to get better in your craft. Take any training that would help you do your job better, help you reset your mindset, or give you certifications your clients would appreciate.
- Give Back. Sometimes stepping away from what we need and focusing on what others need is a great way to put things into perspective. I am a firm believer that the way and amount you give will be given unto you.
- Network On Purpose. Pick a 60-day window for intentional networking. Grab your calendar, check out local networking events and make a plan to attend. I would even try some outside of your zip code. Have a game plan when you are ready to network. Know what your needs are, identify your dream connections and be ready for what you can do to help others.
- Build Your Digital Presence. We all know social media is a must if you are a business owner looking for more clients or brand awareness. Just remember that your entire digital presence is required to attend in order for you to reach any of your marketing goals. Create a system to build a robust digital presence. My favorite system kinda goes like this.
- Blog Post
- Drip Email Campaign
- Social Media Ads
- Social Media Engagement
- Social Media Posts
There a ton of ways to stay busy but remember that you want to be productive, not just busy.
BONUS TIP! Get to the root cause of why the summer is a slow month for your business. Is it the product you offer? Just because you sell coats doesn’t mean business has to be slow. Look for international partners, look for influencers that are well organized. They would love to have a heads up on a winter trend. Use this time to redo your marketing photos. Troubleshooting is always done best when you can remove emotions and take a look without being…well…in your feelings.
If you need a little bit of help filling your Spring Funnel to Build Your Summer Business, we have a Spring Special just for you.
BLOG + DRIP EMAIL CAMPAIGN +
30 DAYS OF SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT PACKAGE ONLY
If you would like to receive our extended list of tips on growing your business during the typical slow season, fill out the contact form below.